Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Day before.

Ok, so I'm going to Europe tomorrow (er..by the time I post this). Hopefully this should be pretty awesome. It'll be cool to hang out with Bob and my Brother the whole time. 

We're going to land in England, meet up with Brother and stay there for the night. The next day we fly to Berlin and get our train passes. We'll do whatever people do in Berlin for a day or two before going to France and doing what the French do. 

I should make a surrendering joke now, but that seems the obvious path to take. I should do some more research on the french and come up with something better. 

After France is Italy, which I'm pretty excited about. I want to see Rome mostly, maybe some of the vatican. I'm especially excited about the countryside and the food. Jeez, real italian food? I may never leave. 

After that we go to Spain, assuming we have time, and I guess wonder if the spanish are taking english jobs? I don't know. I think that may have been the most racist joke I've ever told just out of the sheer ignorance of it all. I can only hope. 


While I'm there and riding the trains and stuff I need to be sure to write and draw a lot. I want to flesh out some of my story a bit more and maybe draw some comics or something. I really want to get that going. I can post the stuff here, and add commentary below them. It'll be the ol' ONE-TWO punch! 

I also need to look into some of the publishing internships that I saw on the Texas State Career services website. 

Well, not while over there of course. I guess this is just more of a personal note. 

I think publishing would be an ok profession for me to go into. I mean I enjoy books and what the get published myself, right? It only makes sense. Plus there are some companies in Austin, so I wouldn't even have to really re-locate if I got an internship, and later a real job with them. I could stay where I am, April could go to UT and I'd never have to drive all weekend again! I'd sell my car just because I could! 

Then I'd probably have to buy another car which wouldn't be as good because I wouldn't have any real credit to get a loan for one etc. etc. but still, It'd be liberating. 

Besides I could just get a scooter or something. Truly then I'd be a king among men. 

2 comments:

Matt Rigney said...

scooters are like fat chicks. think about it.

Phil said...

Do you have a T-shirt that says "No scooters" on it?