Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Summer thoughts

Ok, so I’m home for the summer, and I don't really know what I want to do. I definitely want to get a job this summer and save the hell up. I tried this whole "being broke" thing for the last year or so and let me tell you something, it sucks. So priority 1 this summer is a job, which shouldn't be that bad, I’ve already gotten a call back for an interview with Borders, and they where the first people I applied to.

If there’s one thing I got out of working at Target for a year, its that working retail for a year looks a hell of a lot better then not putting anything down under that "past job experience" section of the application.

The second priority should be summer classes I guess. This is where I'm a little shaky, because in all honesty I don't want to take summer classes. But the thing is, I really SHOULD take summer classes. Its cheaper, it gets me out of college quicker, and it'll be easier so I'll probably make a B or heck even an A if I really buckle down.

But its boring. And its every day. And its less free time, which means less April time and less friends time, and less doing something epic this summer. And I’ve been meaning to do something epic since I was like 16.

So the question is: What do you do when you SHOULD do something, but don't necessarily HAVE to, especially when you don't want to.

Its like going to the dentist, there’s no law that says I have to go to the dentist, and I sure as heck don't like to, but I mean...I really should every now and again.

I wanna meet the jerk who invented responsibility and kick him in the nuts.

No comments: