Monday, June 11, 2007

Did somebody say webcomics?

Why yes, i believe someone did. Me to be precise.

COMICS NEWS:

first order of business: Ugly Hill This is one high quality web-comic that totally flew in under my radar while i was off reading The crap thats passing for a web comic these days yes your URL says "marrymemovie" because this guy has every intention of turning that into a movie and decided to reserve the site now.

COMICS NEWS THAT INVOLVES ME:

found a site called "smack jeeves" and while whoever stayed up all night coming up with that hilarious title should be given an award, say, the honorary "we just set fire to your cat, how you like me now?" award. Its a unique award with a rich history, but more on that later.

basically its a web-comic hosting site. Take blogger, throw up some web comics, package it and ship it out. I've set up my account but the file limit is 400kb, while it would appear that everything I've created is a tantalizing 500 or so. Here's the kicker though, for a mere 1 dollar donation I can get that increased to like 26,000. So obviously the name of the game here is "give me money" but this is a game I try to avoid playing like Ryan would avoid playing "not it" and look where that got him.

what, too soon? I just called nick and he said it was fine.

anyway if I can find a way for it to work out cash free, or just cough up the dough to get my old website back, the comic should be up and running soon.

Also, i might write and draw one, while just writing another for April. w00t!

hers is about pirates btw, they ride in a rubber ducky and have wacky adventures!

2 comments:

Nick Grant said...

Do it.

You also might be able to make your files smaller, if you have photoshop or illustrator.

Phil said...

some of us don't have such fancy smancy ill-u-strat-ors. We use MS paint and damnit we like it.

also I can't find where I can download it illegally