Thursday, June 21, 2007

sometimes life just piles it on

Ok, so its a little after midnight on Friday and I go to orientation for my new job at Wal-mart in just a few hours. I'm glad I have a job, but I'm also kind of depressed that I'm working the overnight at Wal-mart. I mean, I've been a stock boy, a cashier, and now a stock boy again. Is this all I'm actually good for? I look around at some of my friends and they all find really nice and interesting jobs, while I can't even get the guy who mows our lawn to call me back.

On top of that, I haven't been able to see April for like 2 weeks. First I just thought I would not see her for a weekend to get my stuff in order, find a job, make sure every thing is going well. Week two I couldn't go and see her because we had so many things to take care of, plus I was waiting for several people to call me back about jobs but of course I didn't get a call until Monday. So now I have orientation of Friday and the thing is I don't know if I'll have a chance to see April THIS weekend, because they might have me start work on like Saturday or Sunday. Including this weekend I only have 3 chances to see her before she leaves for Germany for the month of July. So now she's pissed off at me because I keep having to tell her "I don't know if I can see you this weekend because I might have to do something." In all likelihood I may not get a chance to see her before she leaves, making it one of the, if not the longest stretch without seeing her since we started dating. All of this for a crappy ass job I'll probably end up quiting when I move back to San Marcos. Thats whats really getting to me about all of this, I'm "home" for now and for the last almost 2 years I haven't really felt like I had a home, just a place I slept at. Hopefully having an actual apartment will help that out a bit.

So that all sucks, but then again it could be worse. I mean I've got one friend who's in jail but who's girlfriend is still having his baby. Another friend who got evicted from his apartment and had to give his dog to the pound while he moved back with his parents. I could be in their shoes and be envious of someone like me. So do I really have a right to complain? I guess not.

Oh well, in other news I've been thinking of a list of things I want to start doing:

1) Play Ultimate again
2) Play Warhammer again
3) Get and learn Photoshop
4) Start drawing on a regular basis
5) Start reading/writing for an hour a day
6) Find a kind of exercise I can do regularly without any trouble

I figure if I can start doing most of those I should hopefully get myself out of this funk I seem to be in. Honestly I just can't wait to get back to school, hopefully that should help.

I'm out for now, I'll update again tomorrow after work with a list i was working on elsewhere.

No comments: