Friday, July 6, 2007

I am the cog that keeps this machine running

I haven't showered in like 3 days. I woke up early on wednsday to go to April's house, woke up early thursday AT april's house, and went to sleep at around 8 am today all without taking a shower. I really really should before I go to my job where I move boxes for approximately 8 hours.

So the Transformers movie is out and I've only heard good things about it from those lucky few who have seen it. While at April's I had the misfortune of listening to one of her friends 2nd hand criticize it for not having a plot for the second half. This made me just roll my eyes because 1) This girl listens to Bjerk and thinks I'm a typical college dude who likes the strokes, thus I roll my eyes at everything this "if anyone else likes it, I hate it" yuppie and 2) ITS TRANSFORMERS who cares if it doesn't have a plot? I don't think anyone has ever seen an episode of Transformers and come out of it a changed man because the plot was just that deep. If you're going into the film expecting to get a commentary on the war in Iraq where the Decepticons are symbolic for terrorists and the autobots are the coalition of the willing, you're probably going to be disappointed. God I hate yuppies.

Anyway, April is leaving in a few days to go to Germany in a few days for a whole month, she'll miss her and my birthday while over there, then when she comes back she'll have to play host to a German girl for a month. This is going to be weird for me, mostly because I'll have one less person/city to worry about on my days off and I wonder what I'll do for the rest of the summer. I'll have my days off on Tuesday and Wednesday, which is cool since I don't think I'll take another summer class, so my days off will actually be days off. One plan of mine is to go down to Ennis, where there is a drive in movie theater and see Transformers in my car, which will be known as "sidewinder" for that day.

The fallowing is a list of things I plan on getting when I get my first paycheck

1) Caught up on my comic books. I haven't gone comic book shopping in like a year.

2) one of those really long pillows, they look so comfortable

3) Membership for the NAACP, for two reasons, 1) To stick it to the man 2) Just feels right

anyway, thats all. I think i'm gunna take a 20 minute nap, grab a shower the go to work. Huzzah!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for writing this.