Friday, July 27, 2007

quick update

Ok, so Bob Barker retired from The Price is Right recently and there was a lot of speculation about who was going to replace him. Well, turns out its Drew Carry is who they chose. I'll give you a moment to let that sink in.
exactly.

Now don't get me wrong, they could of done a lot worse. And by a lot worse I mean Rosie O Donald and the guy who played Slater on Saved by the bell. I mean this just seems like such a random choice to me. I guess its just me, but I don't find Drew Carry charming in the least, ya know? Like old game show hosts where charming as hell, they where all of the Hugh Heffner variety. Todays gameshow hosts are people who where big at one point and just need work now. That and game shows are just so different now, they used to be about mostly ridiculous challenges, questions and GAMES, now its shit like open boxes to see if you won something, or answer a few questions and get insane amounts of money. Like I would totally go on Deal or No Deal just because its about an hour of your time to win at least 20,000. If you can't walk away from Deal or no Deal with at least 20k you should not fly home because you're the unluckiest guy ever.

Same with "are you smarter then a 5th grader" which i saw an episode of, and to me it seemed like the only challenge was to not over think the question. The one that made me kind of trip up was "which star is closest to the earth" and I sat there thinking "ok, they must mean 'besides the sun' on that one, because otherwise they should just ask 'name that giant fiery ball in the sky'" But apparently "the Sun" was correct and you just need to take the questions at face value. I mean some of the questions where just simple math equations that would be asked to a 4th grader.

Thats why I like the older game shows more, where it does take some amount of work or whatever to win at them, but its not just crazy hard like say Jeopardy. anyway, sleep for now.

No comments: