Tuesday, July 3, 2007

quick news-a-ma-goo

Couple things happening around here I feel are worth mentioning:

1) Wife of US soldier allowed to stay in country after husbands probable death. This story made me incredibly happy to hear about as it really makes me feel like theres still compassion and reason in our country. When shit like this happens I feel proud to be in America.

2) Going to Houston in like t-minus 3 or so hours. I hate the drive from here to there because it always makes me think its not going to take long, but then does. The drive from San Marcos to there is probably my favorite, except for the town that smells like sulfur.

3) I've started to loath my job, but I think its mostly because I'm in a section I don't like, and I haven't gotten actually paid yet. I got my first paycheck for my one day of orientation, but am now due my actual "you worked for us for 40 hours a week for two weeks, have some money" paycheck. I don't know what I'm going to do, if I should save it all up for something really nice (new computer, desktop this time) or save it and not get anything, so in the event I can't balance school and job this fall I'll still be able to get some hot coca at Epoch and take April out to dinner from time to time

4) I'm late for my Final exam in a class I'm making an A in. I really liked this class, its probably been my favorite class like ever in college just because the teacher is sooooo good. He really makes me interested in history, something i've never been REALLY interested in, and puts it all in perspective.

anyway, i'm off to go write about the 60s and its effects on modern America.

No comments: