Thursday, July 12, 2007

On Transformers

So I just saw Transformers off of Tvlinks and I gotta say I'm a little disappointed. I told myself I would just watch it until I see Optimus Prime transform, but by that point I was already half way through the film and decided to see it through. Its fatal flaw is that of a lot of action movies these days, the good stuff is at the end. Now I know they have to save the best fight for last, but they kind of take it to an extreme when Megatron, the main badguy, doesn't even un-freeze until theres only like 20 minutes left.

Plus I don't like it when a whole sub-plot ends up being unnecessary in a movie. Like the glasses apparently had a map to the All Spark imprinted on them, which is why the decepticons and autobots wanted them so badly. But then apparently they didn't need them because the government had the All Spark the whole time, and in the same building as Megatron.

My last gripe was that really none of the transformers got as much time as they should of, except like Bumblebee and the police car decepticon really. Starscream only had maybe 2 lines in the whole movie, while Jazz apparently died and I almost missed it because it happened so quickly.

anyway, overall it was still vary enjoyable, but some definite changes should be made if they plan on doing more.

No comments: