Saturday, February 28, 2009

I'll give you one underdog then you gotta swing by yourself

The hardest part about being behind on your work is that new stuff is always getting added to it. My bio test is done, now I have my mass comm test next week. I'm behind on my world lit in a big way, and shakespeare is starting to fall behind too.

We did it sketches are "on hold" for now, at least until I can knock at least one school related project out of here. I'm disappointed in that though, because writing the sketches is at least fun.

Speaking of We did it, Bad has been filmed, and I'm a little on the fence about how I feel about it. Really, the only thing I'm not 100% sure on is the new ending, where some song is played and both characters kind of... I guess realize how silly the whole situation is and go home? I think it just depends on how we present the "Dramatic readings of Pop songs" series. Putting them scattered throughout an episode is, I think, the ideal way to do them. I would for sure want some kind of introduction to them though, because it's the type of thing where unless you know what's coming up you probably will just not get it. It would be easy for someone to just think that these are weird sketches with bad/ripped off dialogue unless they know that "oh hey, this is a pop song" before hand.

I think I'd just want to see it done both ways, one with the new ending and one without to see what comes off better. Does the fact that it's Michale Jackson's Bad stand on it's own, or does it need something at the end to let it all settle and actually give it an ending? These are things that, as a writer, I need to consider with my sketches. Is the joke powerful enough to speak for itself or does it need padding around it to strengthen it?

Hopefully I can get caught up a little this weekend. I've got to deal a little with some apartment stuff, I helped film a sketch and I just need to do some homework but after all that I can really relax and maybe catch up on some sleep.

No comments: